- There is now one installer for LE and HD (with separate licenses). LE now uses Core Audio (at last!), ASIO so you can use a non-Avid interface. An iLok is required.
- Features now included are EuCon support, DigiTranslator, MP3 convertor, Digibase Pro, Full Beat Detective, Full ADC, Timecode and Sync, and PRE support.
- The pan law can be changed between -3 and -6 dB
- Surround support for DTS 7.1
- HEAT (TDM Systems only). Global plugin for analogue sound emulation.
- I/O setup changes
- New Systems:
32 channels of I/O (in and 32 out)
64 master faders
with Complete production toolkit:
up to 7.1 surround
192 active audio tracks
74 VCA tracks
PT9 HD Native:
uses low latency mode (bypasses plugins)
up to 4 interfaces (64 channels of I/O)
up to 7 cards
up to 2 interfaces per card
up to 10 interfaces
up to 160 channels of I/O
- New Interfaces:
up to 16 channels (of any sort; digital, analogue)
2 limiter options in Hardware setup (softclip, curve)
8 ins, 8 Outs
2 mic pres
Monitor control - provides alternate mixes (e.g. 5.1, stereo) to the same monitors. Good for swapping surround and stereo sessions.
24 bit 192kHz
up to 64 send and rec streams
sample rate convertor
supports varispeed mode